Maple Roasted Red Kuri Squash with Lemony Garlic Greens
I so enjoy a roasted winter squash! Red Kuri has an edible skin so no peeling required! This is nice, easy comfort food that fills your house with the scent of pumpkin pie. What's not to love about that!
Maple Kuri Ingredients:
1/2 an organic Red Kuri Squash
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
Lemony Garlic Greens Ingredients:
1-2 organic bunches of greens
3 cloves of organic garlic
juice of one lemon
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Scoop the seeds out of the squash. Cut up into half-moons.
3. Melt together coconut oil and maple syrup. Add the spices and toss squash with it to coat evenly. Then place the squash on the baking sheet and into the oven. Roast for 25-30min.
4. While the squash is roasting, heat up a skillet on medium-high. Sauté minced garlic in oil. Then add the greens, season with salt and pepper, and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and add the juice of one lemon.
5. Serve the roasted Kuri squash on a bed of garlicky greens and enjoy! Thoroughly.