Position closes April 20, 2017
Anthem Hills Family Farm is looking for a farm worker with a strong work ethic who enjoys growing vegetables and working outside to join us this season. We are a vegetable market garden with a small heritage flock of hens selling vegetables and eggs through our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. The position will vary from 8-20 hours per week, depending on the workload throughout the season. This includes mostly weekdays, as well as the potential for a weekday evening to make CSA deliveries, and an occasional Saturday to help host volunteer work bees with CSA families.
This is a great opportunity to learn about organic growing and vegetable production from seeding to harvest. We use organic methods, holistic management and permaculture principles to care for our land, and to produce delicious, nutrient-dense produce. In practice, this means we do almost everything in the garden by hand, and this can make for some hard workdays. We're looking for someone who enjoys getting dirty and working outside, who likes mastering a variety of different tasks, works well both independently and with a team, and wants to be part of providing people with good nutritious food.
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, please send your resume and cover letter to Sean Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes submitted by email will be accepted, and we will only be contacting those who are selected for interview.
- Successful applicants must be dependable, and able to work quickly and with efficiency. Adaptability and a willingness to work outdoors in all conditions are important. The candidate must be physically fit and able to work on their feet or near the ground all day, as well as being able to lift and carry bins of produce repeatedly.
- Must be eager to learn and able to maintain a good attitude.
- Must display a good work ethic and a willingness to push through until the job is complete.
- Members of our team must be able to follow instructions well, work with minimal supervision, and be self-motivated to complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly.
- Previous experience with market gardening, farming, or vegetable gardening is an asset.
- Must have a valid drivers license or ability to get to and from the farm.
- Prepping soil, planting, and transplanting.
- Identifying plants and weeding.
- Load products into vehicles and/or drive to deliveries.
- Harvesting, washing, and packing a large variety of different vegetable crops.
- Potentially working with and supervising volunteers.
- Communicating with the farm manager regarding crop progress and any issues that may arise.
- Recording information such as crop yields.
- Completing tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Potentially assisting with livestock duties.
- Performing general farm tasks such as trellising, watering, repairs, mowing, mulching
Part-time, 8-20 hours per week at $15.00 an hour
May 22nd to September 30th (looking for a commitment for the entire season)
7029 Twp Road 562, Lac Ste. Anne County, AB T0E 2A0 (Located a five minute drive from the town of Sangudo).
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sean Robinson at email@example.com.